Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I should note that the "sidewalk" leading to the crossing is not really a sidewalk in the usual sense of the word, on the side of a street or road. In spite of the way it has been built, it's much more like a trail crossing a section of private property, as Kevin implied.

Given that this was previously private property, it's quite possible that the construction (including fencing) parameters were dictated by the purchase agreement that the city made with the property owners. (I would also have preferred this to be wider, but I expect the city would have had to pay substantially more to get a, say, 3m-wide path.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 05-02-2020, 04:46 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM