Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-02-2020, 01:48 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 12:17 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: You honestly believe this was built for the benefit of pedestrians using the infrastructure? I have never said it was built TO be anti-pedestrian, but it absolutely *IS* anti-pedestrian, and was built IN SPITE of being anti-pedestrian, because pedestrian convenience and safety is not a priority in our society. But if you honestly believe it is supposed to benefit pedestrians than we are far far far away from an agreement here.

You can't think of any city properties attached to other properties without fencing? How about every single road and sidewalk in the city? Why isn't every sidewalk fenced in? Being next to a road is vastly more dangerous for pedestrians especially young children than a parking lot.

I think you need some anger management.

If you read my post, which apparently you didn't -- I said 1) it was built as a safety feature - young children tend to run away form there parents. Do we want parents chasing kids as soon as they're finished crossing the track?

2) This might be news to you, but sidewalks are NOT city property. This is why YOU have to shovel your sidewalk. And it's a dumb suggestion either way, because how the hell would cars go into their driveway? Parking lots? How could any business receive goods? I also said that it was fenced when city property hits private properties. Point to me any city property (a building or perhaps even a park) that is not fenced against a private property. I can't think of any.

Get your head out to the anti-pedestrian agenda you feel that the government has and car owners are horrible people for just a moment. It's not normal.

*sigh*..okay, where to start.

1. City sidewalks ARE city property, just because you have to shovel them does not mean they aren't. This isn't controversial, this is literally very explicitly laid out in our laws, feel free to check the boundaries of your property in the city's publicly accessible property database. Yes, I'm not saying sidewalks should be fenced, its your absurd suggestion that all city property is fenced that I'm objecting too. Roads are also city property (you don't have to shovel them) but they fenced.  So can you drop this ridiculous notion yet?

2. I did read your comment, and I do understand that you say it's a safety feature, I'm telling you, you I feel you are wrong, and absolutely absurd to believe so.

3. I don't think car owners are "terrible", and that is totally unrelated to the point here.

4. If I needed anger management, I wouldn't be having this calm if incredibly frustrating conversation with you, and frankly, your comment is intended to inflame the situation, and is a personal attack.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 05-02-2020, 02:08 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM