Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-26-2020, 11:26 AM)Bob_McBob Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:23 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: 23:16 - I wonder where 508 was when 512 asked to proceed immediately? I can’t tell for sure but it’s entirely possible 508 was already in the single-track segment, meaning somebody would have to wait because of the single track, never mind the freight crossing through Uptown.

23:35 - 506 went on the usual southbound track? I’m just wondering because if 512 had arrived northbound, 506 could have reverse-run on the northbound track.

At 23:16, 508 was just crossing over to reverse run at Northfield, so 512 wouldn't have been able to use the regular northbound track, and I assume the other track was locked out for CN. At 23:35, 506 departed Northfield using the regular southbound track just as 512 arrived on the regular northbound track, so CN must have already switched to the third track and crossed Northfield. I've prepared a highly technical diagram for other people who want to visualize this sequence of events. It would be neat to see this kind of pass in person but it's a total crapshoot what happens every night.

Thanks! During the free week I managed to catch a reverse-running LRV to see how that worked. Some nights it would be pretty interesting to hang out on Northfield Station platform or at Erb and Caroline.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 02-26-2020, 02:37 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM