Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-19-2020, 11:09 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 11:02 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: They could also be transparent about that too.

Exactly. We shouldn't have to sift through council meeting agendas for scraps or rely on local media to force the release of information with FOI requests. The region has been tight lipped since the beginning and nothing has changed.

I said it during construction and I think it’s still valid now: they should have somebody write a blog about what is going on. They could take questions from the public, talk to the relevant people inside the organization, and distill it into articles that keep us all up to speed on progress. This could also serve the function of keeping the different parts of the organization informed of the work being done by the other parts.

Done properly, it would be at a medium to high level of detail: more than is appropriate for actual press releases, but still at the level that more than one or two super nerds would be interested in. It would also serve as an educational resource because we would get a window on just what all that maintenance expense is actually buying. I know I’d be interested — I know that there are lots of pieces of equipment installed beyond just the tracks, but I don’t feel that I have a good understanding of what specifically is in those signal huts, for example.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 01-20-2020, 08:57 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM