Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-11-2019, 12:07 PM)KevinT Wrote: I tuned in to the radio scanner this morning on my drive to work and there was some sort of incident at the Seagram Dr crossing. Power was off for the southbound track with a maintenance crew working on it there, and they'd reduced service frequencies to 20 minutes so the northbound track could handle both directions between the Perimeter Institute and Northfield. They were setting up the bus bridge between Northfield and Waterloo Public Square / Willis Way when I tuned in but then called it off and went with the reduced service plan instead, and power was back on with the first train let through on the southbound track just as I arrived at work and tuned out.

Anyone know what the trigger incident was?

In my opinion they did an excellent job of keeping the service running, although being hopscotched up the line from station to station as 10 minute frequencies reduced to 20 must still have been frustrating for passengers. It was pretty fascinating and I'm glad I got to listen in, extreme professionalism was evident in every voice I heard.

One of the arms at Seagram was damaged and was dangling over the messenger wire.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by trainspotter139 - 12-11-2019, 01:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM