Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-05-2019, 01:49 PM)robdrimmie Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: The majority of their job is likely assisting with issues other than fares, and are goodwill ambassadors as well.

Anecdotally, this does not reflect my experience or interactions with ION fare collectors. They've all been pleasant, but very much specifically about whether or not a fare has been paid, and until that question is answered they don't appear to be interested in other conversation. I've seen them transition between trains only a couple of times, but in each case they got off a train and immediately got on the next one to arrive. In stations that service both directions, they've gotten on a differently directed train.

Well of course they want their question answered first, especially on board a train where the fare is supposed to be already paid. I remember a video of some sovereign citizen doing their usual self-destructive thing with a very patient officer, and one of the comments pointed out hilariously that you “cannot filibuster a traffic stop”.

The question is the extent to which they will answer other questions after checking your fare, or if you meet them on the platform.

I’ve encountered them on the platform and they both helped us with the fare payment machines and answered a few general questions about the system.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 12-05-2019, 07:00 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM