Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-18-2019, 10:13 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 07:35 PM)jeffster Wrote: I can only think of two things: Only single line (so no crossover) until past the next transfer point. Or down slop up ahead. I'm going with the single line though.

Isn’t that always true? I mean, there is never any crossing over until the next crossover. I think I’ve misunderstood you.

My guess is that the chevrons indicate direction — up or down the line. I haven’t seen any except in photos however, so I can’t tell if the way they are installed is consistent with this meaning so this is pure speculation. If it is verified that trains travelling from Conestoga to Fairway will always see one direction of chevron and trains in the other direction will always see the other direction, then I would upgrade this to working hypothesis (at that point it would be proven that they do indicate direction in that way at present, but it would still not be proven that that is the actual reason for their installation nor would it be proven that future installations would continue the pattern).

Perhaps it's meant as directional only? As in, you can only stay in the right track?

As you said, speculation.

I do have an associate that conducts an LRV, I'll try to reach out to him.

I spoke with the driver and he's going to find out, he actually doesn't recall seeing it, so I am wondering if it's for service workers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 11-19-2019, 12:45 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM