Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-13-2019, 12:33 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: I think this is a poorly designed intersection.

I was at that intersection a month or so back, and noticed that a majority of times the railway crossing gates would go up, the traffic had a red light.  There were countless times traffic started moving when the gates lifted, but the light was red. 

WR drivers cant figure out to stay out of the LRT's way, how do we expect them to manage two traffic signals at once?

Coke

I think I described this exact issue at Mill/Ottawa a while back. I wonder if a valid solution for University crossing would be if the train just passed purposely leave the gates down & railway crossing lights flashing a bit longer until the traffic light is ready to change to green...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jason897 - 11-13-2019, 01:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM