Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-12-2019, 01:48 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: You have to admit that car drivers have multiple orders of magnitude other routes than every other form of transportation.

You'll also note that the LRT was shut down for far longer than most of the roads were.

Agreed, but car drivers have always had more freedom of mobility compared to public transit. I realize there is a PITA factor of changing modes to make the detour, but *I* feel it to be an acceptable annoyance.. more so than the same thing happening due to a car vs iOn collision.

I'm not sure why the region shut down the LRT so long. There were no stands set up, so contact with the wires would seem moot. IMO, the southbound trains could of ran normal, and the northbound shut from 10:30 - 11:45.... same as car traffic. [I realize that running S/B trains normally would cause too many trains to be stuck south of the closure... I'm not sure the best logistical answer to this situation]

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Coke6pk - 11-12-2019, 02:40 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM