Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I take the Ion to Mill Street (from Queen St. Station) on the way home occasionally, and have been doing so regularly since the start of October. Until very recently - last week I think but I didn't make specific note - the gate blocking the sidewalk access for folks wanting to turn left onto Ottawa (towards Homer Watson) was closed. I and everyone else going in that direction would cross the small garden to bypass it. Earlier this week (Monday or Tuesday) the gate was open and it's been that way every day since. The padlock lock is still attached and is keeping it in the open position so it appears to be official.

Perhaps some of the rules about pedestrians entering the railway crossing area at the intersection have been eased? Or perhaps they recognized that festers might not be inclined to respect respect it, and propping it open would protect the plants in the garden?

Also on one of my rides home last week the train driver made a general announcement (naming the route and terminal, thanking people for riding, and specifying it was the 510 which I thought was nice) as we were on the curve between Borden and Mill. It sounded like it was scripted and practiced but not yet polished. It hasn't happened again this week though. I'm curious if it's a driver's discretion sort of thing - some drivers are a lot more engaged with passengers than others for example - or if it is preparation in advance of anticipated ridership increases during Oktoberfest.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by robdrimmie - 10-10-2019, 07:58 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM