Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-05-2019, 02:51 PM)MidTowner Wrote: I don't fully understand- it's not against the law to cross midblock. Is it against the law to cross midblock when there is an LRT line?

I'm not saying people should do it, but it seems to me that they are enforcing a non-existent rule.

I don't think it is, but they're still going to stop people from doing it. Same with crossings with bells and no gates, HTA says crossing is legal after stopping, what does that mean for peds, ION claims that you cannot cross when bells are going, even when you can see the train stopped in the station.

These kind of things are where the law breaks down, when you try to legislate every little detail, it will fail, is crossing midblock illegal if there is a fence? Does it matter?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 09-05-2019, 03:24 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM