Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-04-2019, 03:16 PM)KevinT Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 03:06 PM)ert86 Wrote: On the small tap terminals you can see your balance.  Press one of the buttons, tap and it'll give you the type of fare card (adult/reduced) and exp, press more and it'll give you the balance and what month you have a pass for, press again and it gives you the tap history.  I think it will also tell you when your transfer expires.

More often than not the EasyGO podium on the northbound end of the R&T Park platform is already in this mode when I present my card. If I'm not paying attention to the (very hard to read in direct sunlight) screen I miss that my card wasn't actually charged after tapping. Maybe somebody just presses the button to mess with people around the same time of day that I'm boarding to come home?  In any case, those function buttons should have a timeout and revert to the 'tap to validate' mode after 30 seconds, so that pranksters who like to push buttons don't always cause the next person behind them to get busted by a fare inspector.

That terminal is glitchy. I stood next to it one day, pressed the button to go back to the main screen, and a few seconds later it went back to query mode. I think it may be a button short or something. I just got in the habit of pressing the cancel button before I tap my card at that one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by bgb_ca - 09-04-2019, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM