Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-04-2019, 10:58 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: I truly do marvel at how bad the UI really is. I want to know my balance, I press "I have a fare card", which doesn't make sense in the context of the other initial options (which aren't displayed to start for some reason "press to start" is the first screen). Now there, easy "balance and history option" right. Well page with lots of information appears. Not one of those pieces of information is my history nor my balance. There is a button for history but none for balance. I add 20 dollars because I don't know and can afford it.  And I work in the tech industry and consider transit a hobby and have studied these machines extensively.
On the small tap terminals you can see your balance.  Press one of the buttons, tap and it'll give you the type of fare card (adult/reduced) and exp, press more and it'll give you the balance and what month you have a pass for, press again and it gives you the tap history. I think it will also tell you when your transfer expires.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ert86 - 09-04-2019, 03:06 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM