Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-03-2019, 07:50 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Not to mention it would power every RF chip card in one's wallet and make the problem worse.

EasyGO and Presto both really fall down here. Mifare and the underlying ISO-14443 protocol allow you to have multiple cards in the read field, and you can query each as it's detected to see if it's got the application you want on it and then shut down the others. Unfortunately it seems that the Presto/EasyGO implementation queries only the first card it 'sees', and if that's not the right one then it coughs up an error and forces you to withdraw. This keeps me from storing my EasyGO card in the flap of my phone case as god intended, since more often than not it detects the phone's NFC first and errors out.

The only reason it should error out is if it detects two EasyGO cards in the field at once, since then there's the question of which one you intended to charge/validate, and it could display a very specific error/instruction message for that case.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KevinT - 09-04-2019, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM