Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-04-2019, 08:48 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Indeed. And not just on trains, the IHT and Laurel trails are absolute madness right now.  The crossing of University Ave gets worse every year.  If that was a road, it would be the regions ONLY traffic congestion priority: LOS: F

I think they should extend the double trail (pedestrian/bicycle) that exists in the park north to just north of University at the pedestrian crossing. Eliminate the berm east of the tracks between Seagram and University, re-arrange the University’s vehicle access and parking a little bit (no need to close or re-route, just minor adjustments to exactly where the parking and curbs are), and extend the double trail right through there, across University, then crossing the tracks at the pedestrian level crossing and ending at Ring Road. That would clear it up pretty significantly I think. At the other end, extend the double trail system past the Perimeter Institute down to the bottleneck at the Clay and Glass Gallery. At the CCGG I don’t see how to do it other than to just pave a single trail absolutely as wide as possible between the CCGG and the LRT fence, although I suppose the latter could be moved a bit closer to the tracks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 09-04-2019, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM