Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I appreciate that perspective and can understand that GRT might naturally have a culture of hiding since it is subject to a lot of criticism, and might not want to give more ammunition. I wonder whether it is ever spared controversy by this approach. In this case, it was pretty obvious to anyone with much knowledge at all that the new September timetable was offside of the project agreement, and so something- we could only speculate- must be wrong. It seems inevitable that someone from the media would eventually dig and find out the answer.

This same culture seems linked to the one that has handled the EasyGO roll-out so poorly. I think the course should have been to admit to the system's many many flaws and promise to address them when able. At least in my experience with GRT staff (not all, but many), the view is to keep parroting the "reasons" for the inconveniences as though they were immutable laws of reality, and not flaws in a system that really will need to be addressed eventually.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 08-27-2019, 11:43 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM