Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-21-2019, 09:36 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: [quote='jeffster' pid='71606' dateline='1563739381']

I know in some Euro countries fines are based on income. That said, if they can't afford the fine, they shouldn't drive. Just have the fines posted for the illegal maneuvers.

I guess my point is, if a $100 fine was a crushing financial blow, then what about maintaining your vehicle? New brakes, for example, would cost a lot more that $100. Though I do suppose some people don't care if they run their car into the ground literally, hopefully they don't kill any innocents on the way.

As for people with holes in their pockets, I suppose you could have a escalating fine based on plate number. Though if the police decide to enforce at some point, then start giving people points, eventually they'd be off the road.
Talking to some police officers in Europe, they said a fine can run as much as month wages. If you don't pay the fine in 90 days, the car is impounded until the fine, towing and storage is paid.

Our fines need to be raised from 50-100% along with points been added to various offences.

You have drivers driving with no points on the roads today, let alone insurance. Once a driver reach zero points, their car is impounded until they have points to use the car again. If they get caught using someone else car, time to spend time behind bars.

Getting drivers off the road is very hard to do and enforce unless more teeth are added to the code to do so.

All transit vehicles and school buses need cameras on them to record all infractions with someone making a copy of the infractions to be past onto the driver and the courts as well issuing the ticket for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by drum118 - 07-22-2019, 03:43 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM