Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-03-2019, 10:30 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Re: Dan's picture. I think the point of that kind of behaviour on the part of the police is to be as obtrusive as possible, frankly, so there's nothing to be done about it. The message it sends is that their work- all of it, it doesn't matter which- is more important than whatever mere citizens may be doing. That is the message it is supposed to send.

No one should be driving their vehicles onto sidewalks except in the rarest occasion.

I don't think that's their intention, I walked through, and asked if the station was open, they said, yes, it was, no problem, just walk around.  They weren't trying to block the station.

And if the police wanted to be in your face, constables are much more of a presence than a vehicle.

They aren't obtrusive, they're obstructive--frankly even more, the way they were standing, I was concerned about walking up to them, as I didn't want to "startle" them, but given they were both leaning into the vehicle, and wouldn't have a good view of what's around them....ugh....whatever....so many different problems in this photo.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 07-03-2019, 10:38 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM