Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-27-2019, 07:09 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 04:57 PM)jamincan Wrote: One set of grips doesn't move relative to the floor, the other is attached to the adjacent section and does move. And it is a nuisance. It would be nicer if both grips were stationary, but then I think it would end up pinching the person sitting in the adjacent section.

I don't think it's possible for both grips to be stationary relative to the part inside the bellows.  The bellows connects two 'cars', but the floor is fixed relative to one car, thus the other side of the bellows MUST move relative to the floor, and the floor must pivot somewhere, in this case around one edge of the bellows section.

That being said, I don't mind this at all, I've stood there a few times, it's kind of fun, although I'm sure some will prefer not too.

It could be fixed to either side, they would just have to make it not fixed to the floor at that point (which does move), and instead use some sort of lateral support to fix it to the adjacent section. The reason they didn't do this, I suspect, is that it would then hit the passenger sitting next to it through turns.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jamincan - 06-28-2019, 08:08 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM