Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-27-2019, 03:34 PM)tomh009 Wrote: So how full have the trains been this week, during the week, at the worst? Standing-room only, yes, but how tightly packed?

I rode the train on Tuesday evening, getting on at Victoria Park Station at 4:35. All the seats were full and a lot of people were clustered by the door. I was able to make my way through to a somewhat more open space near the connection between two cars (where there are no handholds, which contributes to the clustering, but I don't know how there could be on the bendy rubber bits) before getting to Borden Station where the train got even more packed. I got off at Mill Street where a lot more people were getting on.

This morning on my bus ride in (it would have been approximately 8:30 at this point) , we were side-by-side with a Conestoga-bound train around Cameron Heights and it appeared to be quite full, with several people standing, but not jam-packed. A Fairway-bound train we passed a moment later appeared to have no one standing. I walked past another Fairway-bound train at Victoria Park station sometime around 8:45 and there were empty seats and no one was standing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by robdrimmie - 06-27-2019, 03:58 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM