Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
ac3r Wrote:
Quote:Exactly. I don't understand why someone would drive their vehicle, just to park it in order to take public transit? Why not just take public transit to begin with - or drive? It's not like there are many neighbourhoods in the city without adequate service, including north Waterloo.

Irrational prejudice against the bus.

It's not a normal situation this week. It seems like a significant proportion of ridership this week is joyriders eager to take advantage of a new technology while it's free of charge. They're not transit users. They're not interested in taking the bus, they "know" what buses are like (even if they've never taken one in this region, let alone tried out the new routings). Once regular service starts, these people will be nowhere to be seen, and the people leaving their cars at Conestoga Mall will be so few that the mall can just ignore them.

Only four days until regular service, thankfully.

My conclusion is that GRT shouldn't have scrapped the 200 service during this two-week "free" period. I would be taking it rather than enduring the crowds on the LRT, and switched to the train when they abate. I have little choice but to take it right now (I might bike or drive tomorrow to avoid it), unfortunately.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 06-27-2019, 07:08 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM