Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-08-2019, 06:30 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 12:51 PM)tomh009 Wrote: You are indeed correct about Charles, my mistake. But that border unlikely to change anyway given that the LRT tracks now define the edge of Charles St against this property.

In any case, planning and zoning is a city responsibility, and I think any kind of joint decision-making here would become super complex and difficult to reach consensus. I strongly believe this kind of thing -- especially regarding parks in Kitchener -- needs to be done by the city. The city can use zoning (and the variance negotiation process) to drive the design of the development. And if they want to go further on this, the city can purchase the property from the region, and then resell to a developer with the right conditions.

I have no complaints about our regional government, I just don't see this kind of joint planning to be a workable model.

Just because Charles cannot move, does not mean there cannot be adjustments to the lot.

Here is my proposal, which is an extension of the Gaukel greenway idea.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NvS_-T...lAzNrm-Kba&usp=sharing

Your proposal doesn't have any impact or changes on Charles, though, which was my point. Whatever is done here should be driven by the City of Kitchener, in my opinion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 06-08-2019, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM