Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-01-2019, 01:02 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 03:41 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Out of curiosity, who pays for that? The van driver's insurance, I'd assume, because damn, I feel like a $40,000 payout is gonna raise their insurance cost by a pretty penny

Ontario has "No Fault" insurance in terms of who pays what, so RoW has to pay; and they have their own insurance pool.  However, since the van driver was at fault, their insurance goes up, assuming they had it. Zero effect on RoW, as they're not at fault.

As for the exaggerated costs; I don't believe the damage is serious, however, the part that is destroyed isn't a dime a doze. And the vehicles would have to be given a full inspection to ensure everything is good.

I got rear-ended by a lady when I stopped for a school bus, you could hardly see any damage at all, but we took it in anyway, and total was $4,800. About $3,800 of the cost was labour. So I think the same applies here.

The cost of the repairs is quoted at 40k, train bumpers are not the same as car bumpers...in that one is not mass produced.

As for "no fault", it simply means one goes to ones own insurer for coverage, I believe the insurers in the background settle up based on fault.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 06-01-2019, 09:55 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM