Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Part of what irritated me about the various detours of the 200 is that GRT did not seem to see the obvious (to me) logic of trying to replicate Ion's eventual route, to build ridership. Some people will recall that, at one point, the 200 had no stops between Uptown and Downtown, even though Ion will have three.

I think that doing the bus re-organization early would have been a great thing. Maybe even scrapping the 200 early (to reallocate those buses, as will be done when Ion starts running), and running the shuttle, as you say.

The argument against would be the reason that was given to explain the 200's current detour: the 7 can apparently not share King Street with a rapid bus service.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 03-29-2019, 01:21 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM