Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-17-2015, 09:46 AM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 09:39 AM)clasher Wrote: might never happen but it's still worth trying to keep people from walking on the tracks.

and the only way to achieve this is a six foot fence?

Well a couple chains strung along steel posts aren't going to do the trick. Four foot iron picket fences are pretty easy to hop too so I can understand why safety people would recommend a 6 foot fence since there are less people that are going to try and climb over it. Since the only casuality of building a six foot fence would be a ruined view I am not sure why it is such a big deal, I mean there's already barb-wire chain link fence on the other side of this trail and it's pretty easy to plant some bushes and vines along that kind of fence to soften the "industrial" feel of such installations. Probably cheaper than building a really fancy wrought-iron style fence. The zoo fence looks okay when it's broken up with some shrubs and whatnot. Most people probably don't even notice it.

The rail industry gets a lot of flack every time someone is killed by a train so I can understand why they would recommend a bigger fence along a really busy pedestrian trail beside a busy section of track.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by clasher - 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM