Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-06-2019, 11:01 AM)urbd Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 10:06 AM)plam Wrote: Getting back to our own launch date: if we are hoping for late April, then simulated service is supposed to start in about three weeks, since that is supposed to take a month. That is quite soon but feels viable based on what we've heard.

I saw that the Ottawa system looks like it has only 12 days of simulated service...

I recently heard from someone that they are aiming for early June due to the schedules of important people that need to be present for the opening ceremony (very grand event I hear) and to give themselves a bit of a buffer - even though it might be ready for service sometime in May.

If that's true, that's stupid. If it's ready for April 15, for example, then that is when they should start service. If important people can't attend then too bad, because obviously this is not important to them. Really, the important people are the taxpayers, and the LRT users. Not those that promised a system for autumn 2017 but only had it ready late spring 2019.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 03-06-2019, 06:59 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM