Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-09-2015, 08:57 AM)clasher Wrote: It's not even the nicest part of the park and in the summer that path is pretty crowded with families pushing strollers and little kids running around willy-nilly like kids are gonna be. Riding down that stretch on a bike in the summer it's pretty much guaranteed that someone is gonna step in front of me or bolt out of nowhere, so it's full of people enjoying park space without any consideration for what is going on around them. I can see why a rail safety association would want to see a fence up.

There is too much bile there and too little thinking. As other people pointed out, there is no reason to cross the tracks in the first place. So pretty much everything you say is moot. If we start with no reason to cross the tracks, then we add a four foot iron fence such as the one below we can preserve a nice view of the other side while preventing all accidents and I bolded the word all since anyone crossing that fence is not there by accident but by design.

[Image: iron-fence1.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by BuildingScout - 04-09-2015, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM