Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Dec 29
Watching out the window as we had Lunch, I said to the other haft "I wonder if they are testing cars today" as we were heading home. No sooner I said that, an LRV show up heading for Fairway Station. It was follow by another LRV some time later. As I drove to the station, another LRV was there and started to move as I near the station.

Parked the car and head to the platform with hope of another LRV showing up. 5 minutes later, 502 was to arrive at the station. Talking to the driver, he said it was the last run for the year.

One thing I noticed that I haven't seen before was a large flashing light as the crossing gates came down and became solid once the gates were down. The LRV crawl up to the road until the light became solid.

As the LRV was departing the station, the same flashing light, but stay that way as a fool driver fail to stop before the gates to the point it landed on its roof. After a few seconds, the fool driver drove cross the tracks and the flashing light became solid.

I also noticed a number of other changes from Highway 8 to Fairway Station that weren't done when I was last there.
https://youtu.be/Blj62mShDcY
https://youtu.be/O3TCwpHxz9w
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by drum118 - 12-31-2018, 04:37 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM