Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I was by the University crossing this evening and had a chance to watch the warning system in operation again.

It worked well, but as the poster with the video mentioned, they come down awfully early (before a train has even departed University of Waterloo station, heading SB). They raised promptly after the train passed (514, I believe), and the lights turned green after about ~5 seconds delay.

I think the problem must be with when a pedestrian crosswalk request is made - that just completely garbles the whole sequence and it has no idea how to recover. I've seen the condition exactly as described in the video, and from memory, I think it has always occurred when there's a large throng of people waiting to cross (meaning: someone's likely pushed the button). Foot traffic was absent in the area (except for the guy who decided to cross diagonally through the barriers, bells and lights flashing, because WTF, the rules don't apply to me!) so that's likely why the cycle operated perfectly.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 12-19-2018, 06:36 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM