Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Here's something I've seen several times, and I was finally able to get it on video since I was a passenger. The actual train signals on University Ave are timed quite well other than triggering too early, but the traffic lights stay red for ages after the signals end. Aside from the inconvenience of having to wait for nothing, almost every time at least one driver goes through the red light. This time they stopped before actually crossing the tracks. If you look closely, there's a 20 second pedestrian signal across University Ave in the middle of the delay starting around 1:00, but the light still stays red long after it ends.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Bob_McBob - 12-18-2018, 11:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM