Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
CFM's owner's attitude towards LRT notwithstanding (I was unimpressed at their anti-LRT petition clipboard), as a nearby resident who used Central for convenience groceries (and Zehrs/Sobeys/etc. for "major groceries") I've decided to shift as much of my grocery shopping as possible over to Central. It's the right thing to do. There are already big food deserts in this town. I want to see Central survive.

Their longer-term future is not certain. Imagine, for instance, if an urban supermarket goes in on the ground floor of somewhere like 1 Victoria. Being right next to an LRT stop and being within the Kitchener core proper will be a major advantage compared to Central's location in between stops.

I am hoping that the gradually increasing density will mean a greater number of nearby customers. But it's not a given.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by zanate - 03-31-2015, 03:35 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM