Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-26-2018, 04:15 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:48 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Fortunately, I think our citizenry still have enough initiative and sass to ignore such stupidity and exit from the stop in the direction that is convenient for them.

So our citizenry should make judgement on our rules and only follow ones that are "not stupid" and ignore ones that are not convenient for them. Yes?

Like it or not, we all make judgements about what the rules are and how important it is to follow them, in every situation. How fast do you drive on the 401?

In this case, the rules in question are clearly stupid, and it would be evidence of a self-defeating attitude for somebody to force themselves to obey these particular signs. Also, disobeying them doesn’t affect anybody else. My question is, why is it so hard for some people to admit that the authorities screwed up? I’ll even temporarily grant, for the sake of argument, that the Frederick St. case isn’t a screw-up, just an unfortunate amount of available space (even though it really is a screw-up). That still leaves places like GRH, where literally all that is missing from the north end is curb cuts. I defy anybody to even pretend to explain the GRH case.

In the case of the uptown bike lanes, while a legitimate debate can be had as to what the street plan should have been, the fact is that cars are large motorized contraptions that do not belong off of the designated lanes. Violating this rule has a significant effect on pedestrians and bicyclists. So it’s not an appropriate comparison at all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 11-26-2018, 07:07 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM