Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-21-2018, 01:55 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 01:47 PM)clasher Wrote: Did the wind bend that giant gate?

More than likely not. There have been a few instances where vehicles have been stuck under gates at some crossings while the LRV is approaching.

yeah that seems a lot more likely lol

(11-21-2018, 10:56 AM)urbd Wrote: It's kinda cute to see photos for each of the LRVs even though they are all identical (I think?) Rolleyes

It's a CPTDB thing  Big Grin
(11-21-2018, 06:54 PM)jason897 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 10:56 AM)urbd Wrote: It's kinda cute to see photos for each of the LRVs even though they are all identical (I think?) Rolleyes

It's a CPTDB thing  Big Grin

That’s nothing. Take a look at the page for Toronto’s new streetcars:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Toronto_..._4400-4603

And old ones:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Toronto_..._4010-4199
Trainspotting!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqihxZBAXT7/
Wish I was in town for today's tour

Anyone going?
We're planning to go to either Uptown or Waterloo Park.

My son noticed that the fare box machines at Central Station and Allen are operating in the sense that you can tap the menu options etc.

Sorry mt camera was out of power so no pictures.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
You mean the TVM’s (Ticket Vending Machines) on the platforms?
There's a fellow on the Facebook group who's part of an engineering team working on the fare system; they're currently running the equipment through its paces.
(11-24-2018, 10:05 AM)Canard Wrote: You mean the TVM’s (Ticket Vending Machines) on the platforms?

Yes. They were operating. We were able to validate both of our EasyGo card balances and probably could have done a few other basic operations too (I think even paid a fare to ride GRT, but we did not try that).
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I tried to load my monthly pass at one but it would not accept any of my bank cards
I went and visited the train again today. It was #511 that was being shown off, which has the FIE working. The operator mentioned that they had gotten a recent software upgrade too. I think he said that it helped with false alarms they were getting pre-upgrade.

Also, the EasyGo people said that we would expect an end-of-year launch for the fare cards.

(11-24-2018, 05:11 PM)plam Wrote: I went and visited the train again today. It was #511 that was being shown off, which has the FIE working. The operator mentioned that they had gotten a recent software upgrade too. I think he said that it helped with false alarms they were getting pre-upgrade.

Also, the EasyGo people said that we would expect an end-of-year launch for the fare cards.

Heh, I asked the GRT folks about EasyGo as well, but they wouldn't give me a specific answer....that is rather interesting.
I just watched the ctv report today (with a bunch of incorrect info) and they stated that 514 and 501 should be here next week. Hopefully that statement is correct.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »