Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-06-2018, 05:40 PM)jeffster Wrote: Anyway, we're not going to see this start up in spring 2019, and we'll likely get a mid-winter start in 2020, and it will be shitty outside.

Every target thus far has been missed, so given prior performance (which is only so valid a tool for judgement) all evidence is on your side here, the delays will continue.

Given that the current delay from several perspectives seems to be related to when Bombardier received the "specialized equipment" component and the work required to integrate that into our system, and that process now appears to be well under way, I'm very curious why you think the delays will continue another full year?

I'm not challenging this assertion, I have no reason not to believe you. I'm just genuinely interested in the volume of work that you see. Why isn't another 6 months enough to finish up? Is there specific details or is it mostly your gut? (I place a lot of value on smart peoples' guts.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by robdrimmie - 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM