Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-06-2018, 12:46 PM)Canard Wrote: (...and I should say I bet I am the only person thrilled by this news!!)

Why are you thrilled? Would you be even happier if it was 2020? 2021? 2022? Hell, why not 2080 when all of us are dead.

Really nothing to be thrilled about this delay. Not for the taxpayer, not for any potential user. We're basically paying an additional 2 years of property taxes for nothing. Not only that, I can see phase two being in serious jeopardy, with Cambridge simply not wanting it and not willing to help pay for phase 2. In fact, I can see Cambridge getting off the hook in the next round of elections, with some sort of rebate going to them from Kitchener-Waterloo.

So my thoughts: Phase 2 is going to die. And the LRT will not be ready for spring (unless by spring they mean summer). That said, I wouldn't be shocked for an early 2020 start, but I am calling for a start late next year or early 2020.

On topic, I did call this; I said if there was another delay we wouldn't about it until *after* the election. There seems to be a serious lack of communication between Grandlink, Bombardier, the GRT and the politicians. Someone knew last year that this LRT would not be ready this year. I really can't see how it was only a few of us here that called it, but it is what it is.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 11-06-2018, 04:46 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM