Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-05-2018, 08:20 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:03 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: We can guess, but we really don't know what parts of testing have been completed so far.  What gives me hope that they can hit a December deadline is that they are still testing weekends.  Grandlinq wouldn't pay staff to come in and work weekends if they didn't still feel that they could hit a December deadline.

I'm not sure about that. They have hired their drivers, and those drivers need to work, rather than sit home and collect free money. And they might as well as keep testing.

Personally, I don't see this LRT running anytime soon, and my guess is sometime between late spring 2019 and early winter 2020.

What basis do you hold that belief?  Launch is imminent, trains are almost here, testing is in full swing.  Unless there was a major failure, trains were defective or specialized equipment didn't work, there is no reason to think that they aren't close to launch in December.  Whether they hit December or not it still should be close.

And it isn't just drivers who are testing, the trains are full of engineers and other highly paid employees who would rather have their weekends off. For that matter, how are drivers paid?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 11-05-2018, 08:51 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM