Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-27-2018, 11:02 AM)Spokes Wrote: What were canards assertions? I think I missed those.

As to her answers to the block of questions, I'll be honest, I only saw a small clip of the debate on Twitter, not the whole thing. Is it posted somewhere?

Also biased, I think she'd be outstanding too.

The only place I've seen suggestions that there are causes for delays other than Bombardier is here. The Region, the municipalities and the news outlets are all on board with blaming Bombardier for the delays. Bombardier seems to be on board with taking the blame as well.

I think of Canard as the flag-bearer here for the contradictory position, that more entities than just Bombardier share some or all of the blame. It is entirely likely that I'm attributing too much directly to him, there are definitely more on this site (including myself) who think a 800-900 million dollar project is too complicated for there to be a single source of everything that is wrong. I can dig up specific posts but it's less that there's any specific assertion on his part, and more that there is nuance to the situation that isn't present in Zubi's statements.

Rogers has all the debates posted online. This one in particular is at https://rogerstv.com/show?lid=12&rid=54&sid=7863&gid=298874

Edit to add: Zubi's response starts at 41:24 in the above clip.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by robdrimmie - 09-27-2018, 11:33 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM