Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-27-2018, 08:18 AM)Spokes Wrote: Did you see Beisan Zubi call out Bombardier in her regional councillor debate??

I think her statements make sense given what the public has been told. I have yet to see anything other than Canard's assertions and while I definitely trust him on the matter, that's a trust earned by who he is and his track record, not actual evidence. The only data the public has been given by the Region, Waterloo and Kitchener is that Bombardier caused all the problems, and Zubi's statements in the debate reflect that. Bombardier's reputation as being terrible at timelines is strong and not entirely unearned.

Her answers to this block of questions in general was somewhat unsatisfactory, I also disagree with her assertion that a lot of businesses closed because of the construction. But I think that's also based on the information that's been pushed most heavily by news sources, so its less about her being uninformed than being misinformed.

(I do have a bias that is relevant to the discussion: I am acquainted with Zubi and her work, and I think she'll be an excellent member of council.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by robdrimmie - 09-27-2018, 09:47 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM