Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-24-2018, 04:23 PM)Canard Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 04:18 PM)timc Wrote: If that's the case, then there should be wider tolerances, right?

...if it’s not a problem, then yes. 

The fact that things are being corrected would indicate that it is a significant enough issue to warrant rework. 

I don’t know why we’re having this discussion other than some don’t understand what a tolerance or specification is.

On a more exciting note, 511 has the specialized equipment installed and will be inspected by the Region on Monday. If given the OK, it will be the next LRV to arrive, ahead of 510 - just to keep things spicy.

You're assuming all of the tolerances are reasonable and appropriate.

There are curbs in the city that are 1-2 inches out of alignment, that aren't being corrected. Sections of the spur line trail are misaligned by as much as half a meter (https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4626437,-...bfov%3D100).

I'm not privvy to the engineering documents, so I cannot say for sure what they said originally, but I wouldn't assume these numbers are reasonable in all cases.  They're contractual, not necessarily based on engineering requirements.

We are just speculating and expressing opinions that are held without knowing either underlying technical details, or specific contract details.  But at the end of the day it is a sidewalk, we do have *some* experience with acceptable standards.

In any case, that is very exciting.

When delivered, that would be the first train with the specialized equipment installed? Do you have any idea how long it would be until we see it operating using the specialize equipment?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 08-24-2018, 04:34 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM