Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-23-2018, 12:31 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 12:26 PM)Canard Wrote: Tom, there needs to be a spec and oversight. The same people who did the station design should do the hardware design, that’s all I’m saying.

If you have two parties that don’t talk and don’t care and don’t look at what each other are doing, you get a hideous mishmash of shit that looks awful, which is 99% the case in life and I can’t stand it. Everything should look the same and feel consistent and wonderful.

Absolutely. The stations already have displays and other visual components. The new ones need to look like part of the same design, not a poorly-considered add-on.

But it's just an RfEOI at this point, so the spec will (hopefully) come later.

I assume the region has someone else selected for the software already.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 08-23-2018, 06:35 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM