Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-13-2018, 09:10 PM)Canard Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 09:08 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Obviously, demand could be so great as to fill all available trains, but we can certainly run more than one train load down.

Um, you realize there will likely be like, tens of thousands of people coming to this with hours-long waits for the first rides, right?!

Every other city has been like this!  Do you seriously think that maybe more than 200 people would show up?!

https://youtu.be/elH0gDrV7UM

Have a little faith man! : Tongue

Oh, I'm quite sure that many more people will show up--I remember the crowds at the open house.

But what I meant was that the region has 14 trains each with 200 spaces for inaugural rides!  I'd still love to get to ride the second, (or fourteenth) train for it's maiden voyage to Fairway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 08-14-2018, 06:57 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM