Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I don't really see the Bombardier response as them saying they're not responsible.

There's this sentence: "The vehicles have progressed to the satisfaction of the Region of Waterloo and as such, we will now begin to install the additional equipment necessary to have the required functionality for passenger service", but that doesn't tell us at all about the causes/reasons for the delay up until now. Its ambiguous and could just as easily be read as "We were delayed building the trains, but now we've caught up so we can move to the next phase".

I also get what you're saying about the special equipment, but its not clear to me (and maybe you have other/inside information) that that was THE blocker.

Even in the best case scenario for Bombardier it looks like they deserve some blame because they're a manufacturer signing a major contract and they've agreed to multiple schedules that have been delayed. If there was a dependency that should have been clear from the onset when they agreed to a schedule.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it. I definitely agree that it would be nice for the media to actually dig into these stories and tell us more details than the simple story and narrative.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by SammyOES - 06-29-2018, 01:41 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM