Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-29-2018, 11:45 AM)SammyOES Wrote: But by staying silent if they're completely blameless means they risk losing a lot of future customers.  It just seems weird to me that they're taking it so quietly if they really have no share of the blame themselves.

Edit: I'm not saying they're not blameless either.  I just find the idea that they're a defenseless public company strange.  But I get that these things are full of politics and internal context that we'll just never know.  So just because I don't understand doesn't mean they're not acting totally rationally.

Good comment! I will mention that Bombardier definitely does deserve a significant fraction of the blame — all those production problems were on them, not anybody else — but as far as I can tell this signalling issue is Region/Metrolinx/Ontario. It’s interesting to speculate what would have happened if Bombardier had got its production together on schedule — they would have had complete vehicles in the second half of 2016; would the Region/Metrolinx have moved faster on making sure the signalling was together, or would we have just had a fleet of vehicles sitting in the OMSF with no signalling integration?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-29-2018, 12:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM