Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-28-2018, 06:19 AM)Canard Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 09:15 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Those of us who hope to rely on this transit system for our daily transportation would still like it opened ASAP Smile

Maybe I have Stockholm Syndrome... As amazing as opening day will be, I just don’t want for this to be over. Sad The last 3-4 years have been absolutely incredible.

As for your other questions, no, they can’t just temporarily run without it, and it’s not Bombardier’s fault in any way. They are now doing far more than was originally contracted - designing and fabricating custom mounts and doing the installation of this stuff - this was never part of their original scope. The problem is 100% on Metrolinx’ shoulders, who still haven’t figured out the ATC system for Crosstown. If we’d waited for them... we’d be looking at an opening in years, not months.

Fun Perspective: DC Streetcar opened 9 years late.

I want it opened as soon as possible, and I wouldn’t wait for a “nice” day in order for it to happen.

As to Metrolinx, if I may interject a political comment, there is one way in which the Ford PCs are better than the McGuinty/Wynne Liberals: with the PCs you know they are a bull in a china shop, run by a lying idiot. With the Liberals, they say they want to build good transit, but they keep delaying and going along with idiots who want to change the plan from LRT to subways, to the extent that even after 15 years in office, nothing is open and hardly anything is even under construction. There is a certain honesty about the PCs, which is ironic considering Doug Ford’s relationship with the truth.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-28-2018, 07:55 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM