Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-31-2018, 04:45 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 03:53 PM)jeffster Wrote: Serious question: Is $62,000 - $65,000 a good pay for this?

1) You're dealing with members of the public.
2) By the looks of it, you might be getting physical with certain members of the public that need help getting on and off LRT.
3) RRSP -- no DB pension.
4) Shift premium? It doesn't mention it. I'm guessing this is the reason for the range? Or is $62-$65,000 because of "steps". As in, $62,000 Step 1, $63,000 Step 2....etc

I ask this, because, GRT drivers probably make close to the same, do the same type of work, but; they have OMERS.  There would also be shift premium for afternoons/evening work and weekend work.

TTC drivers start at around $25/h. That's roughly $52,000 as an annual salary. And I think it's safe to assume that GRT isn't paying significantly higher than TTC. Shift premiums and defined-benefit pensions may make up the difference to the Grandlinq salary range, though.

They make over $30/hour for GRT -- brother-in-law worked there, this was a couple years ago so wages may have changed. I just knew that FT was $62,000/year which DIDN'T include shift premiums, working on holidays, weekend shift premium (Sundays might be double time) and any OT.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 06-01-2018, 02:35 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM