Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-04-2018, 11:18 AM)Canard Wrote: It was fast, but keep in mind there’s probably +\- 2 or 3 minutes to my posts relative to the event occurring, ijmorlan. It would not be a direct correlation that could be used for accurate timing. They are moving between UWaterloo and Willis Way only.

OK, that makes sense. I really shouldn’t be trying to take exact timing from message posting times. I’m just really interested in how it moves along the line Big Grin

Quote:I saw them go through at Seagram; the absolutely massive crossing arm went completely nuts when it went up. It looks to me like it made the “up” switch, so the motor turned off. But, because the arm is so long, it bounced, and forced the pivot back off the switch. So, the motor pulsed “up” again, amplifying the whip... and it got worse and worse until I heard gears stripping. Then it faulted out, with the lights stuck on.

How stuff like this wasn’t found months ago is beyond me... if I was installing that stuff it’d be the first thing I’d check once I got power on it.

Positive feedback can be trouble…agreed, it’s crazy that basic stuff like this is still a problem. Nothing to do with Bombardier, except indirectly in that Grandlinq would have had more incentive to get it together if they weren’t going to be able to hide their lateness behind LRV delivery problems. But at this point I think Grandlinq is pretty close to becoming the critical path, maybe they already are.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 05-04-2018, 05:41 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM