Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-19-2018, 10:24 AM)Canard Wrote: It wasn’t explained at the meeting, but these components were originally not the responsibility of Bombardier.

...Hence the hole in the dash.

It seems that there is plenty of blame to go around, no need to stop at Bombardier.

Of course, if you are planning to sue Bombardier, you really don't want to assign blame to anyone else.

A nice shiny picture of 503 gets pride of place in this Railway Age article (PDF) about transit P3s in Canada.
(04-19-2018, 05:27 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: Saw this "poster" today by King and university. Apparently whomever posts these now have LRT in their sights.

Followed the website, and it looks like they are selling books.  Maybe the Region should go after them for using their trademarked graphics and logos for a non-authorized commercial entity.
(04-20-2018, 09:42 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 05:27 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: Saw this "poster" today by King and university. Apparently whomever posts these now have LRT in their sights.

Followed the website, and it looks like they are selling books.  Maybe the Region should go after them for using their trademarked graphics and logos for a non-authorized commercial entity.

Wow someone actually went to that site? I've seen posters like this around for years and figured it was a consiracy theory nut and not someone selling books. If that's the case, it's not only the region that would have a case. Seen lots of others with copywrited materls over the past few years.
(04-19-2018, 05:42 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: And another wild tent appears

I wouldn't be surprised to see another one pop-up at King and John. Lots of fresh spray paint across the road and rapidway all of the sudden.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Spotted a tent on Borden near Nygard yesterday too.
Yeah, that one has been up for a few weeks now, (that's where I usually slip onto the Iron Horse Trail).

I haven't seen 506 yet at Lancaster (not saying it isn't there - just that I can't see it if it is).

And here we are again with the Woolwich Observer...

[Image: I9SCQRo.png]
That could have been a good comic if they dropped the snark and stuck to the initial comparison.
^^^ Or read the silly Letter to the Editor in last Wednesdays Kitchener Post, lol
In more saddening but unsurprising news, for anyone who ever doubted that Heritage advocates have really just become NIMBYs and BANANAs: Kae Elgie is planning a Jane's Walk based on the premise that ION has removed the need for any densification or UpTown core to exist, and so we should cease all development therein. I really wish I was making this up.
Do we have a thread for the local Jane's Walks?
(04-23-2018, 09:51 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Do we have a thread for the local Jane's Walks?

Not a dedicated thread, but the previous discussion was here:
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...hp?tid=547

Interesting tidbit posted over on Urban Toronto:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/hi...st-1326238

The gist is that CN is taking over GEXR's freight operations between Toronto and Elmira.  With CN now responsible for the end-to-end delivery of our vehicles from Bombardier, does that mean we'll be getting them faster, slower, or at about the same pace?

Edit to add:  Nevermind, effective November 15, 2018.  We'll have all of our vehicles by then.
We hope!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »