Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-14-2018, 08:55 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 02:28 AM)GtwoK Wrote: All trains delivered need to be broken in the same amount, but IIRC that's a kilometer amount (600km?), not a time amount. I would think they could get 600km of testing in in less than 6 months, but I'm not doing any math.

It’s about 20 round trips of the line, or a few days’ of normal operation. Somebody said that they would be operating the system for 2 weeks on a normal schedule prior to opening it to passengers, so this would easily take care of the “burn-in” requirement. This is not a significant blocker on opening the system. This is why I say the system should open 2 weeks after car 12 gets here: to give car 12 time to be burned in, with everything else already fully tested and operational.

Right. Even if we need full service, two months after train 14 is delivered should be plenty for testing. Based on train deliveries (and assuming BBD is ready to deliver them every few weeks now) we could have LRT service in time for Oktoberfest.

But we don't know (yet) what other factors are influencing the delay.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 04-14-2018, 10:23 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM