Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-13-2018, 04:45 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Final expropriations/easements along Courtland near Siebert and Shelley are listed in the package as well.

I don't think the 8 months of testing has been mentioned publically before, but I always assumed it would be at least that based on other similar sized systems. The fact that much of it has to happen after the 14th vehicle is delivered was surprising as well.

Yeah, I'm really not clear on why we need eight months after the last vehicle -- I would think at that point we'd just need to test/certify the last vehicle, which should not take anywhere near that long.

Quote:Under the original agreement, Bombardier planned to have all vehicles delivered here by December 2016. That was then moved to the following December, pushing the service start to late spring 2018.

And that's only six months, not eight.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tomh009 - 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM