Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-11-2018, 01:54 PM)MidTowner Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 09:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Given that trains are basically finished now and that tracks were completed last year, a launch a launch data of 2019 would be a completely failure in my mind.  

I think a spring launch should have been possible if fire had been put to the butts of those on the project.  But probably not possible now, but if they cannot manage to actually launch in September, I'll very rather disappointed.

But hey, I've been disappointed before.

I wouldn't be surprised by January, but winter is really an unfortunate time to start up service. I'm curious what Pheidippides has in mind when he talks about service without the full complement in Labour Day.

Obviously the provincial government would have loved to have Ion running well before June. I wonder what forces it might have been able to bring to bear (I mean informally) to make that happen. There certainly will be some announcement about completion and launch before the provincial election, but I wouldn't be able to guess how lame it will be.

I don't think it would be especially surprising to have a 2019 launch date. That's not even a year-and-a-half late from the original target. And the "spring 2018" expectation always seemed fairly wishy-washy and unrealistic.

A year and a half late on a 3 year project is terrible.  It might not be unprecedented, but that doesn't make it better.

A year late still is quite disappointing.  The "spring 2018" did seem wishy-washy, but why was it unrealistic.

What exactly are they doing right now?  What were they doing through November, December, January.  It's not like I don't have sympathy for people and visiting their families, but I've worked through holidays to meet deadlines on less important projects, the region should have for this. Regardless of who's responsible.

Still, I guess we will see April 18th.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 04-11-2018, 02:35 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM